ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW TO SEW
Maeri Howard will be your instructor for this workshop, where you will:
- Learn all the major functions of one of our sewing machines or you can bring your own to learn on.
- What makes a good “starter” kit for sewing equipment, as well as what each item does.
- Basic sewing machine maintenance – what to do when things go wrong & how to fix them.
- Introduction to fabrics, marking, pinning & cutting.
- An invaluable list of tricks & tips that help beginner sewers get ahead of the sewing curve.
- Students will create a cushion cover that they can take home which includes a cushion insert.
- Students take home a handy 16-page booklet that reflects the content of the workshop.
Skill Level: Absolute Beginner
Course Availability: Daytime, Evening & Weekends
Fee and what this includes: £43.00, this includes all items needed to make your cushion cover including the insert for our newly created cover, sewing machine is available at no extra charge if required, coffee/tea & a homemade snack.
THE STUDIO BLOG
Getting your crafting project published in a magazine (either in print or on-line) isn’t as difficult as it may seem. These magazines rely on people contributing to their content – the key it is to find the right magazine for your craft project, find the person to...
Hello readers! I have just returned from my second speaking gig on behalf of Coats Crafts UK at the stunning Newbury Race Course (on a completely different aside - I drove there from Wantage in Oxfordshire and took the B4494 road to Newbury - absolutely...
Do you believe in the idea of karma? And can you learn how to cultivate good karma and keep on growing it for your business? One word answer - absolutely. Karma is just an exchange of positive energy combined with a bit of luck as well as the ability to see more than...
Thanks for visiting The Make & Do Studio website. We'd love to hear from you. If you'd like to attend one of our workshops, but have a query, or have anything else you want to chat about, please contact us here.